Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to Excel by ActiveX in ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedi1

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
IL
Hi,

In the ActiveX there is an option to export the report to excel as is or to export only the data.
this option does'nt realy works for me.
Does any one can explain how can I export only the report data to Excel

Thanx

tedi1, it would be nice to see some code (I assume VB?), but here are a few things that may help you.

Make sure you have set the DiskFileName, FormatType, and DestinationType parameters before calling the Export function.

The DiskFileName is pretty easy to do, just pass a string of the filename you want.
The FormatType should be crEFTExcel80, or something similar.
The DestinationType should be crEDTDiskFile.

If I understand your question, your problem may be in the Format type. If I have not understood your question, please be more descriptive.

Hi BungRee,

I'm using the sample activex given by seagate.
When I run the "SmartViewerActiveX.asp" they give there is an option to export the report. Among the option are two options to export to Excel. One is "excel (data only)" and the other is "Excel". When the user chose the first option not only the data is exported but also the design of the report. The second option gives the same kind of result: data + design.

How can I do a data only export to excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back