Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export to doc and edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenmind

MIS
May 9, 2010
US
I haven't seen a recent comment on this although I know there was trouble with previous versions of Crystal. I upgraded to Crystal XI, using Oracle 10g. I want to export letters to Word format that allows some editing. My output no longer has the dreaded frames that I saw with Crystal 9 but the editing is limited. Text will overlap text in the paragraph below it. It is the same result when exporting to rtf. Am I missing something or is this a limitation?

I found the answer to my question. There is an export option for editable rtf. Unfortunately this format does not recognize page breaks in the letters, creating another problem.

One of the 3rd-party Crystal Reports desktop schedulers listed at provides a solution for this. It allows you to populate a Word document (acting as a template) with content from Crystal formulas while preserving the MS Word formatting. Crystal formulas can even populate tables while preserving table formatting. The populated Word document can be saved to a new document (dynamically named based on a report formula) and emailed to a dynamic (based on a Crystal formula) destination.

hth,
- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back