Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export the content of the attached msg out

Status
Not open for further replies.

yan19454

MIS
May 19, 2005
US
I get a forwarded e-mail that comes as an attached msg file. It is around 1000 message. I need to open the attached msg file and export to excel file.

I am oK with export the regular outlook item. but I do not know how to convert the attached msg as normal email message file. I am ok to dump all the attached msg file to my local drive. but I can't move more forward.

Thx.

What happens if you double-click the .msg file?

Anyway, maybe that's a question for an OutLook forum.

Cheers,
Dian

Then I don't understand the question. Once you open it, what else do you want to do?

Cheers,
Dian

See the posting: I need to open the attached msg file and export to excel file. I can't click more than 1000 message and I can't export the message out.
Thx.

Maybe it's me, but still don't get it?

I don't understand "1000 message". 1000 attached messages? If so, what do you mean by "export to Excel"? The data? Are the attachments Excel files?

Cheers,
Dian

Dian:

I received 1000 emails which the content of the email is another email as attachment. I want to export the attached email to excel.

I can export the content of the email to excel but not the content of the email.

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back