Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Table into Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamy

MIS
Oct 15, 2002
SG
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how do i export access table into Excel as individual worksheet? For example, if i have 4 tables,
I would like to export them into as single file as 4 individual sheet eg sheet 1, sheet 2 sheet 3 and sheet 4.

You can open the table and choose TOOLS, OFFICE LINKS, ANALYZE IT WITH MS EXCEL (in Access 97 anyway) from the menu bar, however I usually just select the whole spreadsheet, copy, and paste into Excel (and then I have a small macro that removes the wrapping property and autofits the column widths).

-Larry

Larry,

Thks for the solution. But this is not what i want. I need to export the individual tables and append those tables as a single excel files but into different worksheet.

HI

TRY THIS I GOT IT FROM nathan1967 (form forums)

DoCmd.SendObject acSendTable, "Coagulation", acFormatXLS, "drmotin@cuok.co.il", "eliahu@cuok.co.il", , _
"Current Spreadsheet of Employees", , False

check the "SendObject" in help.
poky

Poky,
The sendobject doesn't solve my problem.
thks for helping

Hi Pammy,

I had a similar problem and found 2 solutions.
Solution 1:
In Excel you can can go to Data/Get external Data and set up a Query to your Access Database. This works Very well with a Spreadsheet that is formatted to look a certain way(ie. Line spaces etc.)

Solution 2:In Access /Macros You can use TransferSpreadsheet to send the data you want to different spreadsheets by changing Range name. The Range Box is actually the Sheet Name.

Hope this Helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back