Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export subreport to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

back2tek

Technical User
Jan 12, 2006
US
Hi all,
Using Cr9. Exporting subreports to Excel (data only), subreports appear on a seperate line. Even if they are empty I am getting empty lines.

Was anyone able to find a solution, I read on related thread about a patch that link to the old CR8 dll but there was no mention about it on crystal web site. Anyone tried that ?

Thanks,
Steve

In Crystal 9, Section Expert includes an option to suppress a blank section. This will work for suppressing blank subreports, if they have their own section.

Right-click on the section for Section Expert.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

The issue is when you export to Excel (data only) it will result in a blank line(s)

did you ever resolve this? I have the exact same problem.

One thing that helped me when exporting a report with a subreport that displayed one value in a group footer was to use the feature "make same size", which is available in XI, not sure about earlier versions. You would select all fields in the section-> format field->make same size->height along with snapping the subreport to gridlines both vertical and horizontal. This prevented the subreport from wrapping and appearing incorrectly in an earlier column.

-LB

I am using Crystal 10 and I don't see this feature. I have a feeling we're screwed because of the nature of our user requests and the number of fields required on our output, the majority of our output has to be formatted to Excel output. I have a sinking feeling that there is no workaround...

Well, you can attempt to manually resize the objects to be the same height.

-LB

I should have clarified that it exports correctly when NOT using the data only export (and using XI).

-LB

no actually it doesn't. Because then the text column headings in your page header are truncated. That is a problem when you need numerous fields on the layout and you can't stretch out every field/matching text heading.

I am not trying to discount your problem. It worked correctly for my particular report export using a subreport.

-LB

yes but how many fields did you have going across the page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back