Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Reports to 3rd party formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonee74

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
CH
Hi there,

There is an option in CR7 to export specific reports to an third party format, like word, excel or many others.
My problem is: since i have installed outlook on my machine, this export options are no longer available.
It automatically exports the stuff to outlook, without leavin a chance to select e.g. word(disk file) or whatever as output.
I assume that outlook has replaced a dll or another system file that brings up that effect. Has anybody made similar experiences and can help me out?
I need at least the name of the related dll(s) or system file(s)to see what i can do.

thanks in advance,
stonee

after uninstalling outlook, the system works again ok

You didn't mention what version of Outlook you were installing there.

But both Outlook (98 onwards, at least) and Crystal Reports use a dll called cdo.dll. If you install Outlook after Crystal, it will both overwrite and register it's own version of cdo.dll.

If your machine is a client, you need to copy the cdo.dll file from the cd or network location that you got the Crystal install from. Copy it to the application folder and register it. (Run Regsvr32.exe <app.path>\cdo.dll

Naith

thanks for that answer,

I am using outlook2000 on win2000. there's no cdo.dll
i found a cdo32.dll
is it ok to just replace the cdo32 from outlook and register it on that machine?

I don't think that cdo32.dll is affected in the same way as cdo.dll with Outlook. But, if you're not sure, rather than overwrite the dll Crystal's currently using, copy it to cdo32.old and copy the dll from Crystal to the same location that cdo32.old is in.

Naith

I am facing a problem while exporting from CR 7.0 to excel.
its giving me a blank row after each row in excel. Am using W2K with office xp. Same thing works on some pcs with same config.

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back