Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export report to Email via PDF using Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtwig

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2002
US
Hi, I was brought in to write some ASP code to collect data for a customer. They use CR 8.5 to generate reports, which I 'think' I can use to generate reports. They want to be able to email directly from the Crystal Reports Viewer. They use Groupwise as their email client. Can this be done? Thanks!

Crystal XI Server is $7500 for a 5-user license. I can't see the benefit of upgrading just for the sake of adding Email capability AND I'm sure there must be some way to do it, if everything is setup properly.

There is no direct export to email from "Crystal Reports Viewer". Because of that BO has an enterprise system to do the delivery of reports troughout a whole company.

If you want it to be done only with CR Developer Ed., you can use RDC and write your own App which does the delivery of reports to e-mail clients.

But if this would be cheaper..... I don't think so..

Crystal Reports Professional comes with a free 5 Named User license version of Crystal Reports Server XI. Therefore the cost is well under $1K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back