Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export report removes all formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaurd

Technical User
Jun 4, 2002
GB
HI

I have a complex report made up of many subreports

Layout is similar to this;

Sector 00 Q1 00 Q2 00 Q3
Company
Sequential Sales
Sequential Ebita
RoE

for each company.

Anyway, when I export it into excel, the layout is not the same. The company is in a seperate column. And the names for each text field are added. Also the titles Sequential Sales, Sequential Ebita (all embedded in the subreports) do not export!

Can anyone advice on how I could get the export to be exactly the same as the report in Access?

Ahh, this report has been a nightmare and my deadline is looming fast! PLEASE help.

yours in major distress
S

easy :)
export your report to a SnapShot :) SNP, (for Acces 97 you'll need SP1 ...) see the Micro$oft site
Or if u have Acrobat ... you can print your report to a PDF file :)

Hi RSi2

This is good, but the user wanted it in excel so that they could change/manipulate the data into charts etc.
Have you any further suggestions?

I can export via text, and this works, but it only works for fixed width and i have to add the lines in manually. Not something a user would do! And also lost of blanks lines appear between each set of results, which is most frustrating.

many thanks

S

I have had these problems too, and have had to disacrd exporting to Excel as an option. Fortunately, interaction was not an issue, but if it is, it is very annoying that two Microsoft products cannot communicate with each other properly. With the amount Microsoft charges for software, it is particularly disappointing, but par for the course. Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

well , if he wants to modify this .....
this making directly the excel structure that u need, attach the tables in Access and write directly to them ...
in this way the Excel-Man will have his Excel doc
You can also try to create a new Excel doc, and fill it up via Excel-Access Automation, but i'm not an expert with that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back