Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Report Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

MIS
Nov 3, 2001
US
I have an issue that has stumped me. I have created a shipping database that's end result creates an Invoice. The Invoice is a Report that grabs data based upon the date and Vendors specified in a pop up form before the Report is opened. The Report uses calculations and a subform to figure out and display the cost, tax and totals.
Now my client is adding on another request. He would like me to output the Invoice (line by line) into a data file that can be imported into another program. The data needs to appear as digits only in a specific order. I can't export this file into Excel because it doesn't display the subform data. Since my Report is just a snapshot of the information, how can I achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Create the same 'snapshot of the information' in a query with the criteria referencing the appropriate fields on the popup form. Include the same calculations in the query that are displayed in the report and export the query.

HTH

John

When Galileo theorized that Aristotle's view of the Universe contained errors, he was labeled a fool.
It wasn't until he proved it that he was called dangerous.
[wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back