Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export "TransferText" Method Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmessana

Programmer
Jan 24, 2003
US
I am using the TransferText method to create a comma delimited file, but, I am running into a problem. Everything works great Except that the dates are showing as "01/01/2003 00:00:00". I have searched for a way to get rid of the time off the export but can't figure out if it is possible. I have looked through the entire Export Spec documentation and all I can find is a different time delimeter, does anyone know how to get rid of the time.

To throw a curve ball to those that are thinking I should just switch to fixed delimited and then I can chop it, I need the comma's for an import program that only accepts comma's as the delimeter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

FYI- I am using Access97.

Peter

Hi peter

you could try formatting your date

format(date,"dd/mm/yyyy")
and this should give the desired result

jo

Well, using the TransferText takes the data straight from the table and exports it out. I am not sure how I could incorporate the date() function. I did try to define the format type in the table but that didn't work either.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back