Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export question

Status
Not open for further replies.

r2d22y

Technical User
Nov 30, 2004
SE
Hello

I have made a brochure which has the dimension 630(mm) 297(mm) which is made for printing jobs. the dimension 630 is then folded so it becomes 3 pages (you fold it lika a Z.) Why I have to do like this is because I have an illustrative picture on page 2 with explaining text

Now I have to export this job as an ordinary tabloid and is wondering if it is possible i.e is there a way to split up the first page into 3 pages (1-3) and the second page to 3 pages (4-6) when exporting it or do I have to rearrange the hole layout?

Thanks!

Regards/D_S

You're going to have to rearrange things. There's no automatic way to change things.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Hi r2d22y,

Correct me if I'm wrong but you want 6 A4 that you can split as different pages?

If so, do the following.

Open your original document.
Create a new document with 1 A4 portrait page (no facing pages)
Go to the pages palet and select the page. Now at the little triangle of the palet select 'keep spreads together'. Around the numer of the page you'll see brackets. Take a master page and go just right of the first page, when you see a black line with a two headed arrow, let go your page.

You have now two pages kept together, do the same for the third page. Now you have 3 A4 and the total of the dimensions is exactly the same as your original document.

Insert page 4 beneath the first spread and repeat the above.

Go to menu Window > Arrange > Tile

Your two documents are now on your screen.
Go to the original document and select all on your first page. Drag and drop your elements on the pages 1-3, adjust a little so that everything is on the right place. Do the same for the second part.

In the future you can always use the technique of the three pages kept together to create your trifold, because when you create a pdf or a postcript file from this kept together document you have an option in the export/printing window which says 'Spread'. When you select 'spread' Indesign will see the three pages as one give you a total of the three A4's and also will put the crop marks around the total dimension. When spread is not selected they will come out as 3 separate A4's.

Hope it solves your problem.
carlow

Carlow, I just wanted to say that's one of the most helpful answers I've seen on here lately. Clearly explained and expanded upon with relevant detail. I'm sure the original poster will be pleased with that. Cheers!

(ignore my "Vendor" status... I clicked the wrong thing when I signed up and can't figure out how to change it!)

Hello

Thank you very much Carlow :) !

Regards/D_S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back