Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export prt into pdf 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

denko

Programmer
May 17, 2001
US
Hi guys
I'm using CR6 and need to export reports into pdf format.
Does anybody know the way to do it or maybe a freeware that works with VB or just on its own and does the conversion?
Thanks
Denko

There's a program called CUTEPDF Printer which is freeware, that installs itself as a printer driver in Windows.

I use it for ad hoc reports from various programs that require PDF creation, and it handles portrait or Landscape which RoboPDF did not (plus RoboPDF cannot be used by businesses).

-k

K,

Thanks! I didn't know about CutePrinter.
I downloaded and installed it and it seems to work well.

Definitely Star-Worthy... :eek:)

Note: I didn't need to turn off my Virus checking for the install (even though it suggested that step).

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

It worked for me too.
Thanks a lot

I'm trying to run the report from Vb code. Is there a way to set a file and location name for a report that prints to CuteFTP from VB - something like:

With Form1.CR1
.DataFiles(0) =DBPath 'database path C:\TestDir.ReportFileName = RptName 'report name - Report1.rpt
.Destination = crptToWindow

'***looking for help with the following code
??? Save as file name C:\TestDir\Report1.pdf ???

.Action = 1
end with

Thanks

-k

I had to give you a star for that one. We were just looking for an easy way to create a pdf file without spending money on software to do this. Saved me a lot of frustrations!!!

Thanks

I meant to say - Is there a way to set a file and location name for a report that prints to CutePDF, not CuteFTP, from VB

Sorry

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back