Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jode

Programmer
Aug 14, 2001
GB
I have searched and searched for a solution to this problem, but as yet still seem no closer to solving it!

I have a report created in Crystal Reports but opened in Visual Basic using the CRViewer.

I click the export button and select the type to export (for my purposes it is Excel 8.0 Extended)

The problem I am having is that once I have selected the path and file name to export it to it doesn't actually export. I get no message informing me of the percentage and number of pages exported and when opening the file it is empty!

PLEASE PLEASE help.

Thanks..

The report exports fine from Crystal Reports, but only fails when viewing through the crystal report viewer from VB.

Jode,
For what it's worth, I'm also having the same problem. I just installed the CR 9 service pack 2, hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. Any exports from the view just sits there with the dialog box. I read somewhere about not having a crxf_pdf.dll (for PDF export) installed, but it appears to be on the server. Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks!

Jeff Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back