Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export of Crystal 8.5 to text file results in extra carraige returns 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExTinBanger

Programmer
Feb 3, 2005
US
I have a report written in Crystal Reports 8.5 that my user uses to create a .txt file for import by an accounting program.
My user brings the report up in the Crystal Viewer supplied with our program and the report looks exactly as it is supposed to. When they export the report to notepad or save it as a .txt file, extra carraige returns are placed into the report.
This has only started since upgrading the program that uses the file for import. I have found that this program uses CR 10.0 runtime.
I have since installed Crystal Reports 10 and tried the report. It creates the file correctly on my development machine. The only difference between my development machine and the users is the version of the accounting program.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue.
I am exporting to a text file. All of the columns are fixed length. Together they run out to 260 characters.
I keep getting a carriage return at 255 on the Clients machine. I have changed the textExport registry to 22 characters per inch, I have chosen landscape and am using the smallest font it will accept.
My client does a lot of text exports to 3rd party dbs, I need this to work.

Crystal 8.5

Thanks,
Mary

You should start a new thread, this was resolved last month.

This may be a printer setup concern on the clients machine, wherein they are using a different printer and/or a different orientation.

-k

I don't think this was a printer issue. I replicated the problem on another customer's machine.
The only thing the customers have in common is an accounting package that is running CR10 runtime.
My program installs CR9 runtime.

I've looked on the net and found that the version 10 runtime doesn't play well with others. We feel this is the cause of the problem but have not found a viable resolution at this point.

ExTinBanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back