Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Netscape Mail to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeek7

MIS
Jun 24, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a utility to export mail from folders in Netscape mail 4.79 to Outlook? I have a ton of data in Netscape and would definitely prefer not to send emails one at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Greg

Howdy:

It is built right into Outlook.. It is Called Import/Export and is located in the File menu of Outlook.

Murray

Thanks Murray, I appreciate the help. I should have thought of this and although it didn't solve my problem (outlook couldn’t find Netscape mail in registry) it sent me down the right road where I was able to solve it. It’s even simpler than export/importing I subscribed to the desired folders and it worked like a charm. Thanks again for the post.

Greg

Greg
I have the same problem, can you tell me how you subscibed to your folders ( i presume they were on your hard disk)
I have tried but cant seem to get there

Andrew

Andrew,

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond I've been out of the office and swamped since I've been back. To subscribe click on the email account in the folder list, go to tools menu and select IMAP folders, query and then select the folders which you'd like to subscribe. If you have any others questions please let me know. Thanks

Greg

My question is the same, just different versions.
How can I export Netscape 7 Local Messages into Outlook XP?
I can't find a way to export in Netscape 7 or input in Outlook XP (Input Netscape 7)?

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I haven't played with either version you're currently using. Does Outlook XP have an import/export feature?

Greg

Outlook XP does have an import feature for Netscape, just not version 7. I have a bunch of e-mail's that are stored on my local hard drive that I just want to import into Outlook. Didn't think that I would have this issue with the latest version of everything.

Has anyone figured out how to export/import mail using netscape 6.x and above into outlook. Outlook appears to only support 4.x. Also, does anyone know how to export an address book from Netscape 6.2?

Thanks,
Matt

mslane,

The only way I have found is to upgradr to version 7.x and use the export feature in that version to export address book. Still trying to figure out exporting mail inthe version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back