Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export MS Project 2000 to Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caren

Technical User
Aug 12, 2000
US
I understand that Access 8.0 is the same as Access 97. I need to Export from MS Project from Microsoft Project 2000 into Access 97 database. It looks like it is doing the "save as" without any problem, but when I try to open the database in Access I get a message saying "unrecognized database format". Does anyone know what is happening. I tried saving the whole thing and I tried some of the maps provided and I tried making my own map. Always the same error.

Well, project 2000 may be thinking it's exporting to Access 2000, and Access 97 won't open an Access 2000 database. I'll give it a shot if you like and save it down to 97. It needs to be less than 5MB for my email to handle it.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

I have found the answer in Access Support Article ID: Q232779. You are right. I seem to have the Access 2000 database (ODBC) driver installed, version 4.x. That must have happened when I installed Project 2000. But I have Access 97. The FAQ gave me a workaround. I create a blank database from the Access 97 (8.0). Then I Append my MS Project 2000 data into it using "save as". It works. Now I don't know if I should keep the 2000 Access driver or replace it with the Access 97 driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back