Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export list of tags and their content

Status
Not open for further replies.

naifyboy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2004
EU
i am looking for a way to export all my alt and title tags and the content within them.

i want to do this so i can check them using a seperate text file or hard copy for spelling mistakes and relevance.

i have hundreds of these on my web and was hoping to find tool that will export them for me.

does anyone know of a tool that will do this?

thanks

You may find something useful in the Firefox Web Developers Toolbar Extension.

I know you can view Page Information, which in turn contains info on alt and title attributes. I think you can "Save As" for each but I'm not sure if you can export them all together.
The extension allows you to easily browse them anyway, which will be of some help.

Failing that, it should be possible to knock something up in a server side language such as PHP, ASP or PERL to do exactly what you are asking for.

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Target Marketing Communications - Advertising, Direct Marketing and Public Relations
I wonder what possesses people to make those animated gifs. Do you just get up in the morning and think, "You know what web design r

thank you - a sensible answer from a sensible person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back