Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export IOS Config to Text file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy

MIS
Jul 11, 2000
CA
I need to export my cisco router configurations to a text file for analysis.  Could someone please provide the command line utility to accomplish this?  Thanks

If you are using hyperterminal, u can go into the Transfer options in your menus and then Capture text and choose where and what filename you wish to use.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then just do a &quot;sho conf&quot; and all the text will be dumped into that file for your review.<br><br>If you are using telnet, you have similar options in your menus and LOG the config in the same manner hyperterminal works.<br><br>Hope this helps.<br><br>-D

if your just wanting to have as a text to analyze just left click at the beginning of the text scroll down to the bottom and press shift and left click again . Now what I do is open up a notepad and paste ...&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;hope this is what you were looking for !!! If not please advise !

Or if you want to even get MORE technical, setup a TFTP server somewhere on your network and:<br><br>router&gt; copy run tftp<br><br>Put in the TFTP server's IP and BOOM, text file. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back