Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export groupwise messages to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
I have hundreds of messages and attachments saved in groupwise 5.5. I want to export them to something like Outlook or Outlook Express so I can save them to disk. I dont want to archive them in groupwise, groupwise wont be around much longer and I need to be able to retain these messages for future references etc...

thanks in advance

You are basically trying to make apples into oranges. Will Outlook be a front end to another mail server like Exchange? If yes, you need to look for a GW to MSExchaneg migration product. If not, the you are moving from a server central mail system to individual user mailboxes on each local machine, this is much more difficult and will probably require you to move everything individually.
Joshua Rothschild
j.rothschild@dynamode.com

no, Im not really trying anything huge. I just want to get existing messages from groupwise into outlook so I can save them as a pst file and archive them away. Im stuck using groupwise for now, but as far as I know groupwise doesnt allow me to export my messages and attachments in bulk in any format that I can use. I need my messages in a format so that if i need to refer back to them in a couple of years, they'll still be available... i know we're getting rid of groupwise over the next two years and the groupwise archive files wont be of any use to me....

I have managed to get outlook to connect to groupwise and I can get messages, but I havnt been able to get outlook to create a complete pst file of my messages. Ive done a couple of exports to pst files and the messages come over without the dates and sender information.... if I could just get outlook to export those bits of information Id be done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back