Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLewisBPM

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
GB
Is there anyway to Export a group policy, I have a group policy set on my domain controller and it replicates to another on the same network. I also want to put the same policy on a different Network/Server without having to go and manually configure it!

Kind Regards

Kelley Lewis

KLewisBPM,

You shouldn't have to manually export, since it's already being send to other DC's through AD and SYSVOL replication

Ian

I want to put the policy on a server in a different network!

Kind Regards

Kelley Lewis

So what if I wanted to do this but I didn't have winXP or win2003 how would I go about doing it then?

Try this: write down the GUID of the policy you want to copy, look it up in your SYSVOL directory on the DC, create an empty policy on the other server and copy the files (not the guid-folder itself ofcourse). Then check any references to network drives you made in the policy and you should be done.

cheers,
hanz.

p.s. as always with me, excuse me for my terible english ;-)

Can it really be just that easy? I will give that a try.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back