Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export GAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2002
US
I am trying to figure out a way to export the GAL in a text format (or any other format for that matter) but can't seem to find a nice way to do it. So far the only way I can seem to find is to to add addresses from the GAL to my personal address book and then export that...hoping for a better solution.

Thanks

In System Manager, can you do an Export List on the Default Global Address list?

That was the first place I went. When I select, in the console tree, the default global address list nothing shows up in the right window. Does it for anyone?

When I right-click the default global address list I do have the option to "export list" but it just creates a text file with one word in it, "Name".

In the properties of the default global address list I can preview the list but cannot do anything with the list from there.

Thanks again for any advice someone might give me!

try using the LDIFDE tool and filter for the "showInAddressBook" attribute on your AD domain. It's not flashy, but it should work...

I can get the info I need with the following command:

ldifde -f filename.txt -s DomainController -r "(ShowInAddressBook=*)" -l "displayName,Mail"

Thanks a bunch Brontosaurus! [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back