Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export from FW to DW and want to add form

Status
Not open for further replies.

rita4

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
US
I have creaated a web site in FW (only my 2nd - the other in hard code) and exported it to DW. How to I maintain the look of the page and add an order form?&nbsp;&nbsp;When I sliced my order page up in FW I wrote &quot;text&quot; for the portion that I wanted to save for the form, but it just disappears in DW.&nbsp;&nbsp;In FW it is a textured, colored page and I lose both in the exporting.&nbsp;&nbsp;I can't add forms in FW, can I?&nbsp;&nbsp;If not, how do I maintain my page look and add forms?<br>rita4

Hum, well firstly, preview before you export from fireworks. Make sure it looks the way you wont it too. Next, export the whole thing, not certain slices. And make sure FW exports the html. Then in DW, using the import FW function inport the FW html. the slice where your text is to go should be there. Then delete that and enter you text. Hope this has been of help. [sig][/sig]

Try constructing background stuff in DW, either make form in FW and export/import separately or use one of the extensions available. Also, check your layers properties, may be hidden, lower z value. The text stuff will be better done in DW with an extension, or manually if you know how. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back