Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export from Fireworks to DW - doc path wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonkiwi

Programmer
Sep 25, 2000
NZ
I am exporting (via copy and paste) a menu (simple rollover buttons) into an editable region in my Dreamweaver built web page.

However, when I paste the menu into the editable region, all references are relative to the root eg 'File/c:///mydocuments etc.' when in fact the menu images have been saved in ../images/menu/"imagefile"

Very frustrating. How can I stop this from happening, as when the site is published, noone can see the menu items

Don't copy and paste. It won't work.

Export using "export" from fireworks, then import into dreamweaver.

IIn fireworks click on "File", then "export preview" then select jpeg or gif. Make sure you export html and images.

The(in dreamweaver) click "windows" then "objects
, then click the fireworks icon in the floating menu bar, then find the file you exported. There will be a heap of files in the same directory as the ones you exported most probably. Ignore them, dreamweaver will put them where they should go.

If this doesn't make sense, read the tutorial, its explained well.

Cheers

Will give it a go later and report back on the success. Sorry, but indeed I actually meant that i was using the "export and preview" routine in FW anyway.

Make sure you have saved your dreamweaver document before you import. ALso sometimes a problem(mac dreamweaver 3 especially)

OK, you are exporting, but make sure you are also importing.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back