Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export foxpro table to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulnaoar

Technical User
Jun 8, 2005
CA
Hi there, I don't know how to write codes, but is there a way to export a foxpro table to excel worksheet? Thanks.

Use a product called XFRX it can be found here.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

You can do this interactively using the Export Wizard (File | Export on the menu) or from the Command Window or a program with:

USE MyTable
COPY TO MyWorkbook TYPE XL5

Tamar

You can use either COPY TO or EXPORT with the TYPE parameter. I use TYPE XL5.

Tony

You might want to use FRX2Any's Document Generater - There is a sample of using in \Samples\Document generation\ folder.
You can programmatically create HTML, RTF, EXCEL, PDF, and IMAGE file/document.

HTH

Thanks everyone for the solutions!

hello, it's TYPE XL5 OR XLS? Thanks!

TYPE XLS creates Excel 2.0. TYPE XL5 creates Excel 5.0.

thanks for your response. but how do I know if I need Excel 2.0 or Excel 5.0, I only I am using MS Office 2000.

If I got more rows than it can handle, can I use condition when I use command "copy to", for example, "while date >=01-Jan-2000"? Thanks!

Could you please kindly give an example and show me how to write the command, sorry I am not familiar with Foxpro commands. Thanks Jim.

COPY TO ... TYPE XL5 FOR date>={01/01/2000}
or
COPY TO ... TYPE XL5 FOR date>=DATE(2000,01,01)
or
COPY TO ... FOR date>=DATE(2000,01,01) TYPE XL5

In your case, with FOR clause you will be better off than with WHILE.

Hummmm... I just tried in FoxPro 6.0 to write out a table using the XL5 and got an extension wk1 spreadsheet. Does this only work with later versions of FoxPro?

Forget previous post. It would help if I had been looking in the folder I had written to. Now I don't know where I got the wk1 from... Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back