Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Form-Design to HTML 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blr

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
DK
Hi,
I have a client who has until now run her database directly from Access with forms and reports etc.

Now she want's to put the database online and since the forms are quite massive I wondered if Access has an "Export the Form-Design" function so that I wouldn't have to recreate all the form-design in html again?

It's to be made in PHP from a FreeBSD server so I cannot use ASP code and I wouldn't need any "Dynamic features to be exported with the form.

Thank you for your help.

blr:

You CAN do it ... but when you export the form .... well, you'll see. You lose any and all formatting, control placements, colours, etc etc.

If you still want to do it ...

1. Right click on the form and click Export.
2. Select HTML Files in the Save As ... box.

HTH

Greg

Boss quote from an office meeting: We're going to continue to have these meetings until we figure out why no work is getting done ...

Yes - I'm aware of that, but that will just list the data in a matrix and not any of the design.
I don't care about the data being displayed.

Surely this can be done?! - I can't be the only one requesting this feature?!

--Erl

Have you thought about running it as a "Published Application" thru a Citirx / Nfuse server? It's a quick way to launch an existing application to the web without doing any reprogramming. Read up on to see if that may be a solution. Not cheap, however.

Why not export to XML?

I have Access 2002, so I am not certain if this is available in previous versions of Access, which I am sure it is not.

:)

Don't beat your head against the wall unless you know how to plaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back