Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export file as .doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudonam

MIS
Dec 5, 2006
IE
Hi,

I am tendering for a job with a government agency.

We will be working in indesign (of course!), they have asked us to provide them with a pdf and a .doc version. I cannot see how to save the jobs as .doc.

Any ideas?

Thanks a mill!

Export stories as RTF. Open in a word processor and resave as DOC format.

Thanks for that.

I tried that, but it does not include the charts, bullets etc.

There is no simple way to save as .doc for the simple reason that Word ain't a page layout app and Indesign isn't a word processor. That just shows that the idiot asking for this is a typical stupid useless government bureaucrat who has no idea what he's doing so asks for what he has some tiny little idea about - Word.

You can try Save As .doc in Acrobat Pro, but it usually comes out lousy or useless.

You can just reconstruct the thing. Just show the drawing tools in Wrod and use them sort of like the tools in ID. You can insert pics in the Word doc. For the charts and stuff, you can export as eps, open in illustrator and crop out everything but what you need, save in a format that word understand and insert as a picture. If the chart was done in another app and imported to ID see if you can import it into word from that.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Why not forget about InDesign and just use Word to create this document? You can create PDF from any app that can print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back