Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Feature Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

miholmes

Technical User
Sep 1, 2005
US
Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if there is a way to export the programed feature buttons for each station. We are using an S8700 and are using ASA (Avaya Site Administration) and I can't seem to find a way to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible to do? Thanks for your help in advance!

~Mike

I'm afraid that you can't export feature buttons. I have come across multiple situations where that would be very very very usefull, but after consulting with our Avaya distributor we learned that there was no way to do this. Not even for them. [sad]

If there is anyone out there who knows a way, I would be very intrested as well.

Although you can't export feature access buttons, there may be other ways to accomplish your end goal. If you need a record of who has what buttons, use the "Print Station Labels" feature in ASA. If you need to modify the buttons for several individuals, it may be worthwhile to delete the stations in question and recreate them, using a station template or by duplicating a model station.

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

we using the templates to move the translations (including feature buttons) from si to s8700 during migration. Make new template ( name it , for example, "st1001") using "copy from existing" option and then use it to make the same station on another switch.

The command "li usa butt-type" may list some of what you may need.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back