Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export error - dbms_xmlgen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurrutia

MIS
Jan 17, 2002
MX
Hi guys
Ive inherited a DB with some porblems during export, when export is run the following message appears

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 4068 encountered
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04063: package body "SYS.DBMS_XMLGEN" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 345
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 410
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 449
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 1156
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_METADATA", line 1141
ORA-06512: at line 1

Indeed the mentioned package body does not exist, but since its wrapped I cannot see code to create and edit its content, I also cannot find a sql to create it

How can I add this packg body?

Thanks

rurrutia,

My choices are "Give a Man a Fish" or "Teach a Man to Fish". If I were to "Give a Man a Fish", I would Google for something like, "recreate DBMS_XMLGEN" and post the best suggestion here.

Since I must deliver my wife to a doctor's appointment, I must "Teach a man to Fish" by suggesting that you Google for the above.

Once you Google and test a worthwhile answer, please post here and advise us your findings. (Doing so will probably earn you a
star.gif
<grin>)

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

You have to recreate the DBMS_XMLGEN package. You, or someone in your shop with the appropriate permissions, needs to log into the database server and connect to your database as sys. Then, according to Metalink note 565166.1, you should run the followin in sql*plus:

Code:
@?/rdbms/admin/dbmsxml.sql
@?/rdbms/admin/prvtxml.plb
alter package SYS.DBMS_XMLGEN compile body;
alter package SYS.DBMS_METADATA compile body;

Who needs Google when you have KarlUK? <grin> Hava
star.gif
, Karl.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Thanks for the fish karluk, it worked great
I've already tried dbmsxml.sql before, not prvtxml.plb
My Metalink account has another person as admin

Merry XMAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back