Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export email list

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsheflin

Programmer
Dec 5, 2007
US
Hey,

I can't find this explicitly in any of the posts, apologies if I missed it.

I just want to export email addresses and names in a .txt or .csv file from specific groups. I can't seem to get export to do this, and I can't get the reports to be simple enough.

Thanks in advance

ACT 6 and I'd like just the email and name.

I just can't seem to get it out cleanly so I can use it in a script. Is there any way to set up a weekly dump of this (once I can get it going)?

thanks

OK, I hate to sound daft, but exactly how do I do that?

I know there is the export option, but it never comes out with what I want.

Also, can I set up something automatically, periodically?

well,i want a csv or text of the email address and name so I can fit it into my php script to send periodic updates and messages to various groups

i'd prefer to automate as much as possible, so ideally, act would spit out X group data and Y group data to an email address on my server, which would trigger a script to send out email to X group or Y group

does that make sense?

You could write something that did that and talk to the ACT! SDK to read the records. There's nothing like that built into ACT!

MergeMaster! might be a solution for you... you can set up profiles and templates and send specific profiles to templates. It will also update the ACT! contact's History with the details.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

ok i'll check out mergemaster and the sdk (im new to act)

meanwhile, could you please tell me how to dump X group's email and name to a csv or text file?

thanks for your time

aha! create a map must be what i was missing!

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back