Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export date field to text file without getting time also 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwilly

Technical User
Apr 11, 2000
US
I am trying to export a date field to a delimited text file without getting the time portion. Format of the date field is

You may use format function<br><br>For example<br><br>YourDate=format(YourTime,&quot;mm/dd/yyyy&quot;)

Will5,<br><br>If the date field is from a query or a table, format the field as a short date.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then I believe the export will pass date without time.<br><br>Mike

Date field format is short date. This works when you transfer to a spreadsheet, but when you transfer text, time is there.<br>Thanks

will5, just curious, what are you using to load the date? I find when I use now() I get the time no matter what format I use, but if I use date() it comes out fine.

elizabeth, i am using now(), i will give date() a try on the next load. <br>thanks for the help everyone

Int(Now) = Just Date not time<br>So if your field with Now() stored in it is MyDateField<br>Int(MyDateField) will return the Date part only<br>

When I use int([MyDateField]) I get an error like this,

Halifax, have you tested that to see whether it rounds to the next day? I had that problem when I used Now() in a calendar control instead of Date().

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back