Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Data From a Lotus Domino View to a DB2 Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchg

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
US
I would like to know if it is possible to either link to a Lotus view from DB2 or to export data from a Lotus view into a table in DB2. Either way would be okay with me, I just want to be able to have access to the data in a Lotus view from within DB2.

I need to be able to write views in DB2 using the data that would be coming from Lotus Domino. Ideally I would like to have a table in DB2 that gets emptied and then repopulated with data from the Lotus view each time my process is run. I would like to have the export/link process driven from code within Lotus.

TIA

You may want to configure DECS on your Notes server. It will allow your Notes server to talk to other Database servers.

Is using DECS the only option? Can't you write an agent to insert the rows?

Sure you can write an agent. I rather do this than using DECS or the like.
Easiest way is using the lsxodbc classes or the lsxlc classes.

If your Domino Server is z/OS, I recommend lsxlc, as ODBC doesn't seem to work there.

Just get a connection to DB2, get a collection of the documents whose data you want to insert, and loop through them, each time setting off an INSERT SQL command. Not much to it.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back