Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Current Record (Only) to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaAnthony

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
AU
Hi,

I know that I can use DoCmd.OutputTo in order to export form data to excel spreadsheets but I'd like to only export data for the CURRENT record if at all possible. The form that data is exported from could be based on a number of different queries (depending on user-selected search options) so I'd prefer to avoid making yet more queries for each option if possible!

Thanks,

Joshua

Have decided to open a new form (filtered for only the current record) and export data to excel from new form (via button on old form) if that makes sense. Would still like to know if there is an object I can place on a form to do this, allow me to perform excel macros (to build a custom chart) and then display the chart on the access form automatically (at click of a button) if anybody can make any suggestions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back