Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export CSV reports from the Command Line with Aloha Parameters and Functions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPTG

Technical User
Feb 16, 2017
US
Hello, I am using the command line [highlight #FCE94F]%IBERDIR%\BIN\RPT.EXE /DATE data /XA /LOAD "Employee Time Detail.lbr.exp"[/highlight] trying to export the Labor report to CSV using Windows Task Scheduler but I think I am missing the parameter to select all employees, the question is, do I have the right command line and what is the parameter to select all employees and am I missing anything else? I am currently in Aloha Quick Service POS Version 14.1.14 . Thanks for your help... thread693-1174178

The issue with automated labor reports not working. labor reports require to select employees. Not able to select employees with automated reports. Thus it won't work.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

When running from command line all employees are selected by default. Your problem is being caused by the /Load flag. This comes from the knowledge base: "Use /LOAD "y" to specify a setting file for the Labor Report, Sales Report, and Product Mix Report, where y is the report settings file name."

You can find all your save report settings in %iberdir%\rptset\ labor will look like *.lbr.set

Here's what mine looked like: %iberdir%\bin\rpt.exe /DATE data /XA /LOAD "BOH.lbr.set

Damm Clay, you are observant. I totally missed the command line he was using. Also, every time I have run a labor report from a command line it would get hung, just the way sales reports would get hung if you have over short on the report while it waited for a deposit to be entered.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

You can get around that by running "echo 0 >> %iberdir%\YYYYMMDD\deposit.txt" before the export command. That'll create a deposit file in that dated sub, but using two > makes it append to the end of one that already exists, so it's safe to include in your winhook (it won't overwrite one if it exists already).

Also, specifically for the sales report, you can add /NODEPOSIT to the command to suppress the deposit prompt.

J

Add the /NODEPOSIT flag to skip the deposit prompt screen. The name is confusing but all it'll do is skip the prompt. The labor reports tend to hang if you don't use the /LOAD flag, it's supposed to use the last export setting but it doesn't always work. If you have one that's stuck just post the command and I'll take a look.

I want to thank everyone who helped me on solving the issue I posted, all worked out super... thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back