Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Crystal Report to Text File - First BLANK

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosenfem

Technical User
May 3, 2002
DE
I want to export a report to a text file. In the text file every item has it's specified position and this is working correctly. But on the first position of the text file there's always a blank (space) position, so all the items are moved one position to the right. I've moved the formulas to the very left of the report and even set the side margins to 0 (NULL), but there's always the blank at position 1 of the text file!
Who can help me?
Thx very much,
Manuel

you the trim() function to trim spaces away from the begining of the field, then place the formula field on the report instead of the database field.

Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine

Sorry this didn't help! I have a formula which result is a string exactly called "EXTERNAL", without ANY blanks. In Crystal Reports it is displayed correctly. But when I export it into a text file, THEN there's a blank at position one in the produced text file!
Do u know something about that or somebody else?
Thx in advance,

Manuel

Thank you so very much!!! I've installed the patch and now it's working fine, too!

Thank you!

Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back