Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Crystaal to Excel to do sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyzina

Technical User
Mar 10, 2009
US
I have my report with subreport writting in Crystal.When I exporing to the Excel I can't sort on anything. Any way to export to Excell or any other format that I can do sorting anyway I want?

Thank you

ive previously had issue using just the standard excel export option but when ive used the excel(extended)option and selected the appropriate "column width based on objects in" option it has drastically improved my export formatting

not sure if this is what your issue is though...could try exporting to text and opening up in excel also

What happens when you try to sort in Excel? Please be specific. Is it that your fields are not aligned?

-LB

Turn off free form placement in every section and that will force all fields into the same rows.

You can also use a formula in the subreport to save the fields into shared variables. Then retrieve the shared variables in formulas back in the main report so everything prints in the same section.

But why not just sort your data inside the report?

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thank you for the replies.
When I exporting to Excel the fields are not aligned. I have 2 fields in 1 column, so I can't do sorting. The Excel message saying: "This operation requires the merge cells to be identically sized"

Thank you

In one of the replies the 'chelseatech' mention to turn off
free form in every section? Where is that?
Thank you

in the design tab right click on the gray area on the left where your report header, group header 1, details, report footer etc... are and select 'format section' there is an option there for 'free form placement'.

I also fould have having my fields vertically aligned with all text boxes and fields above and below helps stopping excel merging cells.

Crystal Reports 8.5
Microsoft Office 2003
Informix DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back