Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Container With Image to *.htm file

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmc2000

Programmer
May 14, 2003
US
I have a container in my form with an image specific to that record, and i would like to export that to *.htm. I am aware that you can't export a container, so how can i make a link, or reference the image so that i can be accessed from the exported *.htm file.

thanks for any help

ha?
are u using CDML? or Lasso? is this published at all?
what do u plan to do with the image or HTML?extract?print?save as..?

WELL I CAN PUBLISH IT JUST WITH FM AND IT MAKES A NICE HTM FILE THAT I CAN VIEW VIW IE BUT I HAVE AN IMAGE IN EACH RECORD I WOULD LIKE TO EXPORT TO THE HTM FILE. THE IMAGE IT WOUD BE NICE IF I COULD EXPORT IT WITH FM ALONG WITH THE OTHER RECORDS IN THE ROWS/COLUMNS, OR PERHAPS A HYPERLINK IN THE PLACE OF THE IMAGE WITH THE IMAGE BEING SAVED ON THE SERVER. EITHER IS NICE, I FIGURE THE FIRST BEING THE EASIEST. I JUST WASN'T SURE ON THE PARTICULARS.

1st please DONT USE DAM<N caps!
As u said, containers can not be exported and the ONLY way of getting the images (that are NOT saved as a refence only .:. saved within the file) is by publishing them (or manually extracting them).
U can use the InstantWebPublishing or CustomWebPublishing. Instant would be the easiest and most unsecure way to go. If you would Just like to genrate some HTML format files with images and data and then save them as such ...then ur set with IWP.
If u want them custom served on the web then look into some other posts here and how to go about! or I hope it helps...post more if u need help....just don't yell next time! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back