Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export backup selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jul 4, 2006
NL
Hi,

Can somebody tell me if it's possible
to export the backup selection list to Word or Excel?

My customer wants to know what they are backupping on their network.

Thnx...

I also greatly need this information. Using version 10.1.

Thanks.

Shouldnt they know what they are backing up if they are creating the selection list?

I would think this is basic admin task unless they dont have the time to protect thier data and money. IMO

There is reason why Backup Exec doesnt have this function becuase if somebody was to export it out and them import it back in or to another media server it could cause backup exec database corruption.

You may want to take a look at BEMCMD the backup exec command line utility and it differente switches.

I was referencing a list of the files and directories that were backed up, not a list of files and directories that I asked to be backed up.

More a verification of the information backed up in a format easily stored and searched through for files backed up in the past.

That's a very interesting tool. I'm wondering if I haven't found a limitation to it though... I have a backup set (one drive on one machine) that has 212000 files... when I look at the results of catdump, the results just stop somewhere along the way...

It outputted 68074 lines (after the header) and stopped mid-line... it didn't finish the file name on the last line... If I look at the catalog in BENT, there is clearly more on the tape though... Weird...

Still, a usefull tool.

Sounds suspiciously like you've reached the max limit of data for that utility - a la the old excel 65,536 lines problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back