Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export attribute data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jphillips

Programmer
Nov 20, 2001
US
Hello,
I am using Autocad Map 4 and I am trying to use some of Maps advance features. I have a ton of attribute data in the map attach to the lines and some blocks and I would like to pull it out and store it in either an excel spread sheet or access. I have a ton of tutorials on how to use it attached data from another source, but nothing to help me export the attributed data to a new database / excel file.

Thanks for any help

JP

The non-programming way to do this is use the command ATTEXT. See AutoCAD help for this. Or write your own routine that reads the attributes, writes to a csv file (I say csv since I know this is pretty straightforward in lisp).

I might have a different problem. It appears that the data was created using Autodesk Map 4 "Define object data" under Map->Object Data-> Attach / Detach Object data and is not all ways a block. It creates tables in Autodesk Map and stores the data in that sense. I am wondering how to export each one of those tables to an excel / ms access and still have them linked. Hopefully reducing the size of the maps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back