Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Active Directory (ldifde) error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wontolla

Technical User
May 28, 2001
MX
Hi guys!!!

I have a problem. I'd like to move all the AD from one DC to another. To export, I try with in the old DC:

ldifde -f Exportuser.ldf

and the command is completed successfully

then, in the new DC, I execute:

ldifde -i -f Exportuser.ldf

and the answer is: Add error on line 1: "Access to the attribute is not permitted because the attribute is owned by the Security Accounts Manager (SAM)."
0 entries modified successfully.

what am I doing wrong????

I also try with this:

ldifde -f Exportuser.ldf -s server -d "dc=domain,dc=local" -p subtree -r "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=User)(givenname=*))" -l "cn,givenName,objectclass,samAccountName"

and the command is completed successfully

and I try to import with:

ldifde -i -f Exportuser.ldf

and the answer is: Add error on line 1: Referral
The server side error is "A referral was returned from the server."

If you have done this before, please, tell me how!!!
Any sugestions will be apreciated.

(Sorry if my english is not very good)

I have just started working with LDIFDE. I have found there is not much documentation available anywhere about it except for the generic examples on Microsoft's website.

That being said, I would recommend using the Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT). I don't think it comes with W2K server, but it's a free download from Microsoft.

It's fairly simple to use. (It has a GUI). Much easier for what you are trying to do.

I just resolved this problem myself, (after an 18hr day of trying). [morning] Make sure you do not have any SAM owned attributes in your import file. Do your export with the -m switch at the end to see which attributes you can modify. My problem ended up being the memberOf attribute. Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back