Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Active Directory Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshankland

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
GB
Hi,

Is there any tool where I can export certain information from my Acive Directory to either SQL or Excel?? I want to be able to get info such as the groups that a specific user is in and things like that.

Cheers.

You can use tools called LDIFDE & CSVDE, which export to LDIF & CSV format respectively.

You can find them on the Active Directory domain controller in the WINNT folder, but you can copy & run them from any Windows 2000 workstation. Spencer Window (not a joke name)
spencer.window@eastmidlandcomputers.ltd.uk

Thanks, that gives me more than enough information. Have now got to have a look to see how I can format the info ouputted so I can make some sense out of it :)

Since I posted message, I've played around with Visual Basic Scripts & managed to change 1000+ users settings in about 45 seconds - wow !

I've got TechNet, but I bet you can find same on MS website.

Look for a doc titled "Step-by-Step Guide to Bulk Import & Export to Active Directory"

Spencer Window (not a joke name)
spencer.window@eastmidlandcomputers.ltd.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back