Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Accpac Plus Field Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

10downsview

Technical User
Nov 19, 2006
CA
I am trying to help a charity export the data from each Accpac Plus module to Access 2000.

We can receive all the data from Accpac but cannot receive the field names.

Can we have a suggestion on how to export the data from for an example Receivables with the field names.

Your suggestion is appreciated.

Use Quik Reports. You still can't export the field names, but at least you can see the names on the screen.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Thank you for your suggestion, but we need the export with the field names.

Then set up a linked table in Access to the CSV file, with the Access Field Specifications giving the field names.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

The fields are exported from Plus in the same order they appear on the export screen, so it is easy to match the field names to the export file.

Re: Then set up a linked table in Access to the CSV file, with the Access Field Specifications giving the field names.

Please advise what a CSV file is as there is no such file in any Plus directory.

===
The fields are exported from Plus in the same order they appear on the export screen, so it is easy to match the field names to the export file.

We used to do this, but with all the different moduals and MANY accounts, this is too time consuming.

If we can not find a way of doing what we want, I guess we will have to purchase a product from Softtrack which does what we want.

CSV, fixed record length, whatever...

As long as it's a text file, MSAccess can link to it. Talk to your Access programmer, he'll know what to do.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Buy the ODBC link to Accpac Plus, then you can link the tables in Access and get the field names.

Ettienne -

Can you still get that product? I would have suggested it the first time, but I figured it was out of production.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Please advise me of a link to obtain a demo version of the ODBC link to Accpac Plus and and other link available so that our client can decide on the best product for their need.

This link does not work
Thanks

Yes, you are correct in finding this page (again), BUT I cannot find a demo software copy to try or the cost of the product.

Well, Ettienne might know where to find it, but I don't. Face it, Accpac Plus is an officially dead product in 3 days. My opinion is that you're wasting your time and your client's time.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

It was under the Sage Accpac Options downloads section under Plus products until recently, but it seems to have been removed. You will have to contact Accpac directly and hear if they will still sell it.

Thank you for your assistance, but the charity I am trying to help has no money to upgrade the working software they are using and this is why I am looking for an ODBC connection.

Why are you being so obstinate? Call Sage and see what they'll do for you. Otherwise, do what we originally told you over a month ago.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

If your data is Pervasive Btrieve based and you need to export it you can take a look at BtSearch at It will expor to CSV format and will export the data plus the field names. ODBC is not required just the Windows Btrieve drivers.

Gil

Gil -

That won't work here, Accpac Plus data is in a proprietary ISAM format.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back