Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export Access Reports under PDF format ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a series of Access reports. I can write a code to export them udner MS Product (Excel, Word ...) But don't know how to save/export them under PDF format. Any suggestion ?

Joe

You need to have Acrobat distiller installed. Then select Acrobat Distiller as your printer for the report you are printing. This will create a PDF.

I already have it installed. I want to be able to wirte a code to print the series of reports automatic. This way my users don't need to pick the printer every time they print the report. Any suggestion ?

Off the top of my head here's an idea...

Set each reports default printer to Distiller (File\Page Setup\Page\Specific Printer...) and make sure you 'Save' the report in order for to that specific printer to hold.

Set Distiller's job options to what you need...Print, Screen, Custom....

Set Distiller's Preferences to not force a PDF File Destination each time. I believe it then saves to the source file's location by default. I also think each report will be named according to the report name itself.

Create code to automatically print each report as you need. Which, from what you said, you should be pretty well versed in.

I guess you may try using Distiller's 'watched folder' function...but I believe the user would be prompted for more information than what you'd like.

Hope that either helps, gets you started in the right direction, or jars someone else's mind into helping find the best solution.

I'll continue to research some other ideas I have.

Jus

I need to print an Access report into .pdf. Please post a sample of the code if you have it.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back