Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export Access Report with Graphics to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

accessgoddess

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
US
Hi Everyone,
I have a new client who wants to be able to format within fields. Since we can't do that I told her she could send it to word. However the report has important graphics that do not export to word with the report. Can anyone help me with this? It's the major holdup in what we are trying to do.
Thanks!

Suzie

Sorry, but I think you are at a major stumbling block. Microsoft (in its infinite wisdom) only has a function that exports to an RTF format file and, as you've discovered, RTF files don't contain any graphics--not even simple lines. The only possible solution that comes to mind, although I haven't bothered to try it, would be if you can somehow send the report out in html format. This might be a possibility with Access 2000.

I've had no luck with graphics either, but for anyone out there who only needs simple lines (as in signature lines on a contract), you can create a label in design view and simply put in a bunch of underscores. Old-fashioned, but it works and allows you to publish in Word to make a change or two and still get your lines.

Thanks for the message. If I exported to html could I then put it back to word faily easily? The real reasor for doing it at all is so they can format indivdual words in the text.

Thanks!

Suzie

Check this article

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 202056
ACC2000: Creating an Updatable Unbound Word Object on a Report

"For special formatting considerations, you may want to include a Microsoft Word object on a Microsoft Access report. For example, you may want to give a user the ability to change the font size of a title without having to switch the report to design mode. This article shows you how to do this. The technique described is especially useful in a Microsoft Access run-time application. "

HTH

I've had the same problem with a letter containing the company's logo which of course would not export to an rtf file. I finally created a mail merge document in Word which included the logo and updated it with data from Access. That might be a possible work-around for your situation.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for posting this here but I'm not sure where to put it. I need an access developer for a small job. Where should I post that ad on this site?

Thanks!

Joanne

There is a way to keep your graphics, but it is uneditable, and that is to export to a snapshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back