Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export a folder of emails to plain text files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimoblak

Instructor
Oct 23, 2001
US
I have emails neatly organized in several folders. I would like to dump them out to plain text files. How can this be done?

I prefer to have one file per email and it would be great to have the subject line as the filename.

I have tried selecting them all within Groupwise and then choosing 'save' from the context menu but I get a few hundred prompts to save them (it seems I cannot save them all at once).

- - picklefish - -

Save them as you have been. In the window at the top of the "save" screen, highlight the first one, shift key, highlight the last one, ensure that "prompt on duplicate name" is selected, clikc the save button.

This will save them all in a format that you can open in a text editor.

I mis-spoke when I said (it seems I cannot save them all at once).

I can save them all at once with the first 'save as' dialog box. But after these are saved and I hit close, another 'save as' dialog box opens for each and every email that I selected in the folder. It takes 15 minutes to close each of these dialog boxes.

- - picklefish - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back