Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Explorer Right Click menu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simoncpage

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
GB
Can anyone help me with this. I want to add my application to windows right click menu...can anyone send me a link or some examples for me to play with to get to grips with how to do this??

Thanks Simon

It is actually as simple as adding a registry entry. I don't have my curent code for this ner me at the moment, so I can't give a simple example.

I have created an encryption program and I am now trying to polish it off. I want to add on the context menu a menu to decrpty file (depending on extension) and one to encrypt file (if not an encrypted file).

I have worked out how to add to the context menu for already encrypted files but not normal files AND how do I pass arguments to my program to maximise the program from the taksbar and pass the name of the file to my application so that it appears in the correct text box??

Any examples would be very useful if no one can help me specifically.

Thanks Simon

Sorry - wrong example. I don't know if I have an example of that, but I'm looking for the same thing. If I find it, I'll post it.

nope it was kind of the right example it has got me started in adding to the context menu and opening my application....but not the passing argument...if I find it first I'll post it too...good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back