Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Explorer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT2000

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2002
RU
Dear people,
I have set up a win98 machine, running on a Cel 1.2 processor. The user who sits by the computer complains that Microsoft Explorer, and not Internet Explorer, generates errors and closes all her opened programs, she then has to restart the computer to be able to use it. Re installing Win98from scratch is not an option with this machine for various reasons. What can be done to take care of this problem? A service pack? but which? I was thinking of reinstalling win98 ontop of what I already have installed, but will that change anything with the Explorer program? Thank you!

Mike

Hi Mike,
What are the specifics to the error message? Your user is going to have to take effort to write down any and all messages or have you view it (them).
Write down the EXACT error message and perhaps circumstances when error occured. Is it blue screen? message box? Either or there should be details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back