Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expired Mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmy26

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
AU
Bit controversial if this is an exchange question or an outlook question but will try this forum first.

There is an option within Outlook where you can set the expiry date of a mail.
When this expiry has passed a strikethrough is put through the mail as you see it in the inbox for example.

My question is:-
What happens to this mail. Is this a visual feature or is there an exchange process which runns which clears these expired e-mails from out of people''s mailboxes?
If there is then what exchange process does this and is there a way to tweak this process or force it to happen?
Cheers...Paul

MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003

I think I have the answer:-

It is one of the Online Maintenance tasks that cleans this up or you can do an isinteg with /fix and /alltests switches to force it, but it has to go through some various aging before it is actually going to go away on the Exchange side without the presence of EV, i.e. it follows the Exchange tombstoning schedule and at some point (I forget exactly when) it gets collected and purged thru the tombstone collection

Anybody any comment about this?

MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back