Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expire sent emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarrsMan

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2003
GB
Is there an option when sending an email to automatically delete it from a mailbox if it is unread after a certain amount of time ?

Within our organisation around 40 emails are sent each month to all members of staff, a lot of these contain information that is only valid for a short period of time, it would be extremely useful to be able to set certain emails to be recalled or preferably deleted when they are no longer useful.

Cheers

Andy

Outlook 2000 lets you set e-mails to expire after a certain date and time. Go to Tools -> Options and the choice is there.

Good luck,
Dan

Thanks Dan, but I'm using Outlook XP and can't find the option anywhere. Also I assume that if you set it in Tools\Options it will apply to every email sent, is this the case as I only want it to apply to certain emails.

Cheers

Andy

Sorry Dan, ignore my last message, I found it. For info it's in View\Options and can be set on individual messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back