Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwings

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
I have just upgraded my TSM server and client to 5.1 on my AIX 4.3.3 server. Now when I run expiration I get the following information:

ANR4391I Expiration processing node F50_CLIENT, filespace
/pdprodrep3, fsId 26, domain STANDARD, and management class SATURDAY - for ARCHIVE type files.
08/26/02 08:11:18 ANR2841W Server is NOT IN COMPLIANCE with license terms.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Hi redwings~~!!

I think you don't apply license of TSM V5

You must install license fileset. I don't remember that's name exactly.

And You issue this command in TSM console.

register licence file=license file name

license file name is usually finished lic.

Good-luck. From Korea. Republic of.

The log entry you're seeing regarding expiration is not in relation to the entry you see regarding licensing. If you're concerned with the later (licensing), do a &quot;q license&quot; to determine if and why you're not licensed properly. Probably you forgot to license some component or enough of some component. Use &quot;register license&quot; to add licenses. You can do a &quot;help <command>&quot; on either to see more info on them.

Teh former commant regarding expiration doesn't show any error per say. You can always do a &quot;help <error code>&quot; to get more info on it. E.G. &quot;help ANR9213&quot; if you want more info then the 1 liner it had. This will essentially tell you what to do about it and is similar to looking it up in the tivoli message guide.

I was able to get the licensing part taken care of. Thanks for the help.

I now know i can look into the errors more. Thanks for the tip about doing the help plus the error code, I did not know that was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back