Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

expansion not upgrading after upgrade to 11.1 SP2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalG

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
CA
I have 3 expansion module connected to a 500v2 gateway.

After the upgrade to 11.1 SP2 , they are not upgrading. Anybody had the same issue or know how to fix this ?

The good bin files are on the sd card. I have tried to reboot the gateway & expansion.
When i connect to the console of the expansion, this is what i see = about to send ack

Thanks

Yes! We experienced this issue with DG30 V2 modules this weekend and had to recreate SD card on effected systems and downgrade to 11.1 Sp1 to get it back up. We opened ticket with Avaya and are waiting to hear back from them. Did you open a ticket with Avaya?

We ran into same issue this weekend upgrading from 11.1 SP1. Upgraded from 10.1 to 11.1 SP1 last weekend and only issue we saw post upgrade was Call Pickup Members buttons not working. SP2 release notes - that was first fix listed so decided to go to SP2 this past weekend. Upgrade went through fine on servers - pushed to the 11 control units and upgrade showed as successful. Upon further review in SSA saw all digital expansion modules with exception of one 30b that is in Nortel mode were showing as off line.
Worked for hours with Avaya this weekend.
We ended up recreating the SD cards at those sites back to 11.1 SP1. Once done - the digital boards went into a flashing amber stage and wouldn't change.
Use this reboot order Avaya gave us - it brought boards up afterwards.

-unplug expansion modules that won't come up.
-Let system sit for 2-3 minutes
-Use System Shutdown in SSA to shutdown the control unit
-When control unit goes into red/amber flash, unplug the control unit
-Power up expansion boards wait 2 to 4 minutes until next step
-Power up the control unit
Boards came back online in approx 3 minutes

From there - we used the work around on those control units with digital boards for the Call Pickup Members issue.
Create a Call Pickup Members short code and program dial action on users using that function.

Hope that helps - it was a very long night and Avaya didn't have many answers. Please report your issue to Avaya as we were told unless theres more reports of this we'd have to wait until SP3 came out for a fix and they most likely wouldn't be writing a critical patch.

We just opened a ticket with avaya.
I have another weird issue with the vmpro.

All my wav files are working fine. But after the upgrade to 11.1 SP2 , i can only upload opus audio file. I wont let me play wav files into modules. Am i the only one ?

All existing WAV files on ours worked just fine and are playing in the VM Pro modules just fine.
We didn't try uploading or adding any new files - are you saying you tried creating new files after the upgrade and they were unable to play? That we have not tried as of yet.

All existing WAV files on ours worked just fine and are playing in the VM Pro modules just fine. But i cannot add a wav file to a module now. It will only play opus audio format files. If you record a message with the phone, now its an opus file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back